Friday, June 29, 2007

Umpire Post 1

The game: Coach Pitch 7A
-----------------------------------------------
Ejections=0
Should haves=2
-----------------------------------------------
Plate meeting is light. Coaches joked with each other they acted as though the liked each other they were all agreeable to the rules until I Told them to stay at their dugouts when on defense. "we always got to before" I explain that they were not suppose to and that I was not going to let them do it now.
1st inning no problems close game
3rd one team fell behind by 5 runs
After a play at first (safe out I do not recall) I turned my back to ensure the runner was crossing home properly and touched the plate.
The visitor coach then complains that the 1st base coach was obstructing the throw to home. I told the coach that I was watching the potential play at home and did not see it. I asked him if he would rather I watch something else and miss the runner not touching home and then rule the play at home safe? he made a face and bitched some. I instructed the 1st base coach to stay within the designated area. A dad on the vistor team began to complain about the obstruction, I told the dad that he was not at the plate meeting and that I could not stop to talk to him.
The game ended at 11-1 mathematical elimination. and the coached followed me off the field telling me how much the play at first cost him. bla bla bla yakity smackety.
You know they lost by a large margin why do they complain so much.

No comments: