Monday, July 23, 2007

Saturday Last Minute call

Games=3
GFPSB= 16/18
Ejections=lol Scrimmage but pay at the plate
Should haves=lol again
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
UIC invited me to come out and get some more time in under my belt
I asked is I can bring a partner so he can get more time.
My partner and I would split the money at the plate.
Three teams three games 90 mins each
Three man mechanics
I start on third, my partner on first and UIC at the plate.
some mix up on the first play but worked it out.
I received input at every half but my partner did not
nothing controversial.
second game I am behind the plate.
Nothing really special yeah I was a little low on maybe two pitches but that is baseball.
There was some inside pitches I would not call that some coaches thought I should
as well as some outside. They did not look like they were in the zone I did not call them
Then there was one that was funny and I made the coach mad when I laughed at her.
The catcher setup for an inside pitch and the pitcher threw an outside strike.
now you have to have seen this pitch 9/10ths of the ball was over the plate at mid thigh
This would have been a right field home run if the batter had seen it for what it was.
I called a strike.
Coach yells "if the catcher has to reach and drag the ball across her body then it is not a strike."
I looked at her and smiled big.
then I laughed and said to the catcher "but when the ball is over the plate and in the strike zone it
is still a strike."
The catcher smiled at me and we played ball.
The batter struck out looking at a belt high middle of the plate pitch.
She went back to the coach and told the coach what I said because they both looked at me
and I smiled again.
I will probably never get to work at one of her tourneys but there are many others to work.
my partner behind the plate was funny
He had this deleyed

No comments: