Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Softball tourny

Fucking 4am to drive 120 mi. To umpire girls softball? yeah that's me. 04:50 AM July 18, 2008 from txt
I get a late e-mail and a call. Will i and my son son drive out friday morn to umpire out of town. the shoel tourny is shit and the tournement director is in trouble.
Yeah sure this could be fun,. Yes lots of games to make it worth your time and they have a hotel room for you


No sir every bit of that ball was fair. 11:03 AM July 18, 2008 from txt
First game out fresh chalk and wet grass. Low inside pitch batter ripps it up the third base line. (batter side is third side so defense coach is on first side). ball sails no more than two feet off the ground. touches centered on the chalk ten feet past third. and rolls to the out field fence (275 feet). defense coach wants a do over so he comes out on me "how can that ball be fair?" because iot wa son the line coach and you KNOW the line is fair. there is no way that ball was fair. coach you argue fair-foul one more sentence and you will not be here to watch the rest of the game. it was not fair. you are now confined to the dugout. oh don't do me any favors. no sir i am doing me a favor because now you have to sit quitely for the rest of [looking at watch] 62 minutes.
He did too not a peep not a chirp.

Coach: how can you call it a strike? Me: like this (standard strike mechanics) 03:45 PM July 18, 2008 from txt
This was game 4 just above the knees a full ball on the plate with a 2 an oh count. coach from third scream how can you call that a strike? I say like this and i call "strike" and hold up my fist. that was not a strike. sir you cna not stay there and argue balls and strikes with me today. can i do it from the dug out? the stands start laughing, no you can do it from the parking lot. now go. you are out of here (Real big like)

Son: hey dad I had a coach tell me I was too young to umpire his game. Me: Did you take his money? Son: yes. Me: there you go! 08:08 PM July 18, 2008 from txt
yes they think that because he is young he can not call a game. i told him that when a coach pulls that at the plate meeting that is the money you take. you make it a point to take that coaches money. it is about being a bully and that is what the coaches want to do.

Parent: good game Me:thanks Parent:must be hard. Me:about as hard as it gets 08:09 PM July 18, 2008 from txt
this was a tie game from innning 1 and it was about 110ยบ and the guy that was to be my partner did not have plate gear and i was not going to share my mask with him as that is something very personal to me so i doubled down. home pulled a run on a squeeze play at the very end of the game. funny thing was as i figured that was the coaches signal but the other team did not and the whole thing was unbeiveabley tight and well excecuted

Here I go again...... 06:51 AM July 19, 2008 from txt
saturday and i really wanted to stay in bed another 1 or 5 hours. i had the 12:30 game and the room they had staying in was a motel 6 that had gone section 8 assisted living and there was a very large contingnet of riff raff so i choose to stay at another hotel. i got there about 2 showered and crashed and got up and headed out for th 8:00am game.

Hey blue that was a terrible call. yeah? I bet everything looks good in the shade 03:59 PM July 19, 2008 from txt
you know these parents sit in the shade on the comfortable shairs and think they can see the game better than me. they see balls and strikes better than me. they see the foul tips better than me. they think that bangers are always in there favor like the gods have told them that all close calls belong to you because you are you. do not tell me you saw the play batter than me from 60 feet through a fence, a fielder, a runner, an umpire, and from a sitting position. you dumb mouth breathing sinner shut the fuck up and watch your kid play some fucking ball.

11 games X 30=330-120 room-60 gas-30 proper hydration-30 new shirt=90 for two days of the best umpiring I have ever done. I gave those bastards ... ... 11:11 AM July 20, 2008 from txt

The best officiating they could have ever got. 11:11 AM July 20, 2008 from txt
the TD double booked games in the bracket which game the impression of more games so they promised more games and then find out they made a mistake and they canceled most of my games. they hired soem of the lousest umpires i have ever witnessed. some of these guys had no uniforms at all. some of these guys did not really know a strike from a ball a safe from an out. it was pure bedlam. this makes my job harder because the teams come from a field with that crap and they expect it from me and they are already hating me before i get started. i made sure my game was tight. i missed a total of 9 pitches in 10 games. and i missed 6 in my last game. i felt like an umpire, knew i looked like an umpire, and aside from some minor grousing i had an event free tournement

Back to reality and assholes hahahaha 06:53 AM July 21, 2008 from txt
Back to the real job

No comments: